Despite all the rumors, all the speculation, The Columns has learned that the University of Missouri has re-signed Mike Anderson to a 7 year, $1.6 million contract, not including incentives. Now that it is all water under the bridge and we can all relax, let’s recap some of the days rumors regarding Anderson and his coaching future.
– Anderson was offered a multi-year contract at Georgia worth a reported $2 million
– Anderson’s agent refuted that report
– Anderson reportedly turned down Georgia
– Anderson rumored to be getting an offer from the University of Memphis
– Reports out of Kansas City said that Kim English and Laurence Bowers would be transferring if Mike Anderson left Mizzou
– I’ve also heard that Steve Moore will be transferring regardless
– About an hour ago I heard rumor that Memphis was prepared to offer Anderson a contract worth nearly $3 million a year
– Finally the deal was confirmed that Anderson will still be staying. The University will make an official announcement later this evening.